Return To Vietnam

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Return To Vietnam

#1 Postby boardman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:38 am

Date: August 2, 2017 at 5:35:42 PM EDT
To: waterproofer1124@aol.com
Subject: Return to Vietnam

Hello, it's Isabella French from FiOS1 News, we spoke over the phone briefly. So, about 18 years ago as a company we took a half a dozen vets from our region on a trip back to Normandy for the 55th anniversary of D-Day. We brought them back to Omaha and Utah Beaches, where they fought in that historic battle. It resulted with a very well received special. We are planning to do something similar this upcoming January and take a group of vets back to Vietnam for the 50th anniversary of the battle of Hue. However, we need help finding the vets to bring back. We are looking for local vets from New Jersey, Long Island, and/or the Lower Hudson Valley region who fought in Vietnam during the battle of Hue. If you know anyone who fits under that category please let me know. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Isabella French
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

Aroma22
Private
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: Fox Company & HQ

Re: Return To Vietnam

#2 Postby Aroma22 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 am

Great idea!! I'm looking at http://www.vietnambattlefieldtours.com/ ... 1/tour.asp for tours to An Hoa, Baldy, Hue and plenty other sites during a two week trip in our old AOR. Looks like many trips a year. As I recall, founded by a Vietnam vet who appears to be living in Vietnam. Check it out, the lifetime clock is ticking. Tom Conaty Fox/2/5 and 2/5 HQ 1970-71.

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”