Hotel 2011 Reunion Update

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
jayapeterson
Private First Class
2-5 Connection: No

Hotel 2011 Reunion Update

#1 Postby jayapeterson » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 am

Hotel Company Reunion Update

Reunion Dates: November 9-13, 2011

The cost for this year's reunion will be $150/Marine and $60/guest. (If the cost is a problem let us know.)

The Marine Corps Ball is included this year. (November 10th if you did not remember) The evening of dinner, dancing and socializing will be at the Crowne Plaza Hotel which is located at 2532 Peoria Ave in Phoenix (7 miles from the Ramada Inn) The menu is a choice of Prime Rib, Chicken Marsala or grilled Atlantic Salmon. The evening event runs from 5:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m. with dancing following dinner. The dress code is NOT formal, but does require coat and tie. I have lots of ties so let me know if you need to borrow one.

Book your rooms now. Rooms at the Ramada Inn, 8955 W Grand Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345 US can be booked on line at:

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Bo ... tyId=15219

Select the Senior category from the rate plans unless you can qualify for a better rate. (Senior is age 55) Senior rooms start at $45.04 a night. The room includes a buffet breakfast each morning.

We have a hospitality room set aside for us to use for socializing and meeting.

There will be a special Buffet Sunday morning at the Ramada Inn which is also included in the reunion costs. This buffet is bigger and better than the regular buffet included with your room. This will give everyone a chance to say good byes on Sunday morning prior to checking out.

The Veteran's Day Parade is November 11th. We will be marching in the parade as a unit. Paco (Carlos Armenta) says that this is a very special event in Peoria each year. Evidently the 3rd Marine Division is going to be in front of us. I suggested he work on that. My thought was that the 1st has always led the way so we should do so in the parade.

Paco will have plenty of food at his place for all of us with special southwestern style treats.

I will have Company Coins for those who have not yet received one.

As always we need a head count. If you are planning on attending send in your money as soon as possible.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS GIVE ME A CALL AT (805) 546-966 OR AN EMAIL AT: jayapeterson@hotmail.com

Print this message and send in the bottom portion with your check to Joe:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Joe Sonderman
1182 Virginia Ave.
Columbus OH 43212

____________________________________________________ will be attending and will be bringing the
NAME

following guests:

_________________________________________________________________________________,
NAMES

My shirt size: _______________________________

AMOUNT ENCLOSED: _____________________________

Contact info-mailing address-telephone and email:

___________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”