Golf 2/5 Assn. Message from the President

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Golf 2/5 Assn. Message from the President

#1 Postby boardman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Greetings Marines,
Happy Super Bowl Sunday to all. Hope this finds each of you doing well.

Been a while since I've spoken to the group as a whole so...just have a couple of things to pass along.

First and foremost, just want to give a big shout out to Tom Holman & Tony C
for updating our Golf 2/5 roster on a timely manner. In fact, I have spent this weekend writing each of the new members a "Welcome Aboard" note. Haven't completed that mission yet, but am working on it.I believe there are somewhere between 28 -30 new members, with alot from the 1990 -2000 era, which is good. I have personally invited each of them to become active in recruiting others from that era to join our Band Of Brothers. I encourage you all to scan the Roster and see if you might recognize a name or maybe someone who served the same time as you, or lives in the same part of the country as you do, and drop them a note.

As you know, due to Mack's (Rick Mack) health problems, Larry Ortiz stepped up and volunteered to take over the Sec / Treasurer position. We have not sent out
dues notices yet, but we will in the coming months. At this point until we get everything squared away, I ask that you refrain from sending dues in to Larry
until we get a chance to send out notices. Thanks.

Most of you know that I went back to NAM in Feb-March of last year...I will be getting with Larry ASAP to feature some of my thoughts and photos from my trip back for our upcoming news letter. Speaking of, if any of you have anything you would like to see included in our newsletters, by all means, please contact Larry.
The main reason we have not put out one in a while is that no one has offered Larry any info, articles, pics etc.

Sept. will be here before you know it, so please remember our Mt Rushmore Reunion and make plans to attend. As always, Vince Montoro has and is doing another great job in setting this up. Please make plans to participate in this year's Reunion.

Last but by no means least,I need some help here. For those of us that served in Nam, we know that one of out Brothers, Ruben Garza is incarcerated at a Federal Correctional Unit in Texarkana, TX. I tried a few years back to get a visitor's pass to see Ruben, but was not able to. Anyway, Ruben from what I gather is suffering from P.T.SD, for which he has filed a claim with the VA back in 2008.
Problem seems to be that BOP (Bureau Of Prisions) officials say that he does not have the right to be taken to the local VA Clinic in Texarkana to have a compensation and pension exam. Every step that he has taken has been denied by the BOP. I have asked Tony C since he knows a great deal about Veterans and dealing with the VA if he could help and he's currently working on it. I would also
like to ask any of you out there among our members if you can help or offer any suggestions to either get in touch with me or Ruben. I humbly ask that you give this plea some consideration, any help will be greatly appreciated by Ruben and I.

Below is Ruben's contact info:

RUBEN GARZA
65722-079 F UNIT
FEDERAL CORRECTIONA INSTITUTION
PO BOX 7000
TEXARKANA, TX 75505-7000

As always, Love You Brothers & Sisters Greatly...hope to see you in Sept.

Semper Fidelis,
Barney
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

JOHN CRITES
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: HOTEL ALPHA GOLF FOX

Re: Golf 2/5 Assn. Message from the President

#2 Postby JOHN CRITES » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:54 pm

HI IAM JJ CRITES FIRST MAR DIV PHOTOGRAPHER ASSIGNED TO TASK FORCE XRAY DURING TET 1968 MOS 4631/4671 I TOOK 16MM FILMS AND TRAVELLED WITH ALL THE COMPANIES OF 2/5. GLAD TO MAKE CONTACT AGAIN ! PLEASE WRITE. THANKS MUCH.

jayapeterson
Private First Class
2-5 Connection: No

Re: Golf 2/5 Assn. Message from the President

#3 Postby jayapeterson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am

John:

If you spent anytime with Hotel Company please contact me and I will add you to our reunion email list.

jayapeterson@hotmail.com

Jay A. Peterson

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”