I Need Information

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
ldoores
Private
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: Foxtrot

I Need Information

#1 Postby ldoores » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:08 am

I'm trying to find some info on what the hell went on when I served in Vietnam. I was twenty years old and I can't remember a thing. This is want I have found out mostly from military records. I served as a squad leader with the Fox Co. 2nd Bn 5th Marines 1st Marines in Antenna Valley area I think or LZ Baldy in later part of Dec.1970 to March of 1971. Served in 2nd CAG in Quang Nam Province, I Corps June 1970 to September 1970. Served as squad leader with Fox Co. 2nd BN, 1st Marines in Quang Nam Province I Corps Province. We got caught in the floods in the I Corps area. See my profile for operations documented in my military records.

I have been treated for prostate cancer from my exposure to Agent Orange and its brought Vietnam back to me. My wife wants me to admit that I've been silently suffering from PTSD for over 40 years, but I'm not sure if I want to go that far. VA wants to tear me apart for my PSTD and at my age it would be better if I let the dead dog die.

My radioman was Gary Douse I think was from Michigan. Two of my buddies I remember are Grant Tucker, Glendale California and Bob Begren was from Nebraska. I know its years later, but I would like to know if they are alright or if anyone who served under me is okay. I know we all share this personal hell as brothers .I can't remember fire fights, incoming, nothing, but I know something happened. I'm sorry but I need your help.

Cpl Doores
USMC
Vietnam 1970-71

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”