VHPA So Cal Meeting and BBQ, Sat March 17

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

VHPA So Cal Meeting and BBQ, Sat March 17

#1 Postby boardman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 pm

VHPA So Cal Meeting and BBQ, Sat March 17, 11AM. St Patty's Day

Our VHPA So Cal Chapter meeting will be Saturday March 17 at 11am at Wings and Rotors Air Museum, French Valley Airport, 37350 Sky Canyon Dr, Murrieta 92563. Our chapter are Life Members of the Museum. We had a meeting and BBQ there about 18 months ago and it turned out real nice. The past BBQ's from Tom Crosby and corned beef from Ed Holguin and their wives may be hard to beat. If anyone wants to help with the menu please let me know. Prospective, past members and guests are welcome.

Our chapter plaque is complete and will be mounted in the visitors center next week at The National Vietnam War Museum in Mineral Wells. After it's mounted I'll have a picture to show. Members of The Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association were responsible for the beginning of the museum and it's wonderful that many units and chapters have contributed to the project for years. Thanks to all that helped make our $1000 contribution possible.

We still have about 25 chapter golf shirts with our logo of various colors and sizes. Cost is $30. I will bring them to the meeting. If you can't make the meeting I can mail the shirts to you.

Because of the work and cost of mailing chapter information, I will use e-mail. I currently have 130 addresses so please forward to those I may miss.

Next week Dale Berry will be presenting a flag and case from our chapter to Larry Kolar's wife. Thank you Bill Bock at Bock Awards for helping supply a beautiful flag case with a plaque from our chapter.

On June 30th The So Cal chapter will have a booth and banner displayed at American Heroes Air Show at Hansen Dam Recreation Complex in the San Fernando. If any of you would like to help me with manning the booth let me know.

In closing, I'd like to thank everyone for their support and help through the years. All of you have made it possible to form a Chapter. I'd just like to ask for your continued support in getting out to the meetings an getting other friends (members) involved.

Hope to see you all March 17th.

Sven Akesson
949-689-7061
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”