Hotel Company 2012 Reunion Update

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
jayapeterson
Private First Class
2-5 Connection: No

Hotel Company 2012 Reunion Update

#1 Postby jayapeterson » Tue May 15, 2012 7:09 am

To All Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman:

The count down of days remaining until this year's reunion is rapidly progressing. Plans for the reunion are moving along too. Here is a tentative schedule:

November 8th Check-in and meet-n-mingle at the hotel hospitality room

November 9th Battle of New Orleans Tour with lunch. Evening reserved for get-together in the hospitality room at the hotel

November 10th Day for unstructured sight seeing and the D-Day Museum (WWII Museum) Evening will be the Marine Corps Ball. This will be a Hotel Company event.

November 11th Breakfast get-together and/or participation in Veteran's Day Parades depending on availability, timing and schedules.

This is a rough tentative itinerary and is subject to change as we move ahead with planning. However, I can assure you that it will be a very rewarding experience.

The reunion is being held at the Royal St. Charles Hotel, 135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans.  (http://www.neworleansboutiquehotels.com/royalstcharles/)

We have a block of rooms set aside for our use.  The rate is $89 the first night November 8th and $109 per night for the 9th and 10th.  In addition to the room rate there is a 13% state and local tax plus a $1 per night occupancy tax.  The hotel also has a mandatory fee of $8.95 per day for use of internet services, unlimited local and long distance phone calls, unlimited access to the Fitness and Business Centers and in-room safe insurance.  That block is available until Oct 1, 2012.  You must make your reservations by that date to ensure a room at that rate.  There are a number of other hotels in the immediate area if you prefer or if you miss the deadline.
To reserve your room please, contact Melissa Zweibaum to make your room reservation rather than contact the hotel directly.
Melissa Zweibaum, Reservations and Operations, Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours
504-821-9283
Fax 504-821-7578
melissa@stephenambrosetours.com
http://www.facebook.com/stephenambrosehistoricaltours
www.stephenambrosetours.com

Melissa will need to know the following:

Room Type:  King or Double Bed
Check in Date: _________________________________________________
Number of Nights: _____________________________________________
Number guests: _______________________________________________
Contact Info: __________________________________________________
Telephone: ___________________________________________________
Email: _______________________________________________________
Method of Payment: ____________________________________________

I urge everyone to make their reservations as soon as possible. Sunday the 11th is a Saints home game against Atlanta. My sources tell me that the hotels will be full for this game. If you do not make reservations through us, be sure and make your independent reservations early or you may be sleeping in the lobby. Our cutoff date is Oct. 1, 2012, but don't wait until then because we only have 60 rooms blocked.

Take into consideration when making your plans, that parking is at a premium at or near the hotel.  The hotel does offer a "discounted official Airport Shuttle" transportation at $25.00 per person round trip.  The shuttle is very simple to use.  After you have retrieved your luggage, proceed to the Airport Shuttle Ticket Desk, located across from baggage claim areas 3, 6 and 12.  Service is available on a continuous basis with vans departing approximately every 30 minutes.  So you might want to consider whether you want or need a rental car.  Hotel parking is $29 per night and there are numerous outside facilities that charge $32 per day.  It ain't cheap.  Given the fact that the hotel is centrally located and the numerous forms of public transportation you probably won't need a rental car.  Here is a comment from Capt. Drez, "I cannot emphasize how much you don't need a rental car.  It almost becomes counterproductive and for excursions outside of walking distance, street cars - a tour event itself - take you everywhere you want to go for $1.25/ride, and taxis are readily available."

Here is a link to photos of past reunions and Vietnam. All can be downloaded: http://gallery.me.com/lottodiving#gallery

If you have any question do not hesitate to contact me at:   jayapeterson@hotmail.com  (805) 546-9666 or Joe Sonderman at:   exdoc69@columbus.rr.com

Semper Fi.

Jay A. Peterson

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”