Documentary Producer - needs input

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
boardman
Site Admin
2-5 Connection: Yes
unit: G 2/5

Documentary Producer - needs input

#1 Postby boardman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 am

My fellow Marines - I received this mail, read it and evaluate it for yourself. Remember to be cautious and use your better judgement when getting involved with such projects. The web site (below) seems legitimate as does the previous projects. Since I didn't get in country until after the battles being asked about I can't partake or I'd be able to better advise. Tom - Your Webmaster

Dear Sir,
I found your contact details on your 2ndbn5thmarines website and was hoping that you would be able to help me out. I have been trying to contact veterans of The Battle of Hue and was hoping you may be able to help.

My name is Ali and I am a researcher on a television documentary production, from London, UK. I work for a company called Arrow Media. We have been commissioned by the Military Channel (part of Discovery networks) to produce a new series called Ultimate Warfare.

The main concept of the series is to bring military history up to date - we're working on the basis that it is a military history series for the younger generation as well as existing military enthusiasts, we want it to reach another generation teaching them about Military History in an informative and exciting way. We're going to be mixing cutting edge CGI, with brilliant archive footage, expert opinion, veteran experience and also drama reconstruction. Two of the ten episodes will focus on the Vietnam War - one will look at the Battle of Hue City and one will look at the Battle of Khe Sanh. I was very much hoping that you guys may be able to help put me in touch with fellow veterans from the Battle of Hue.

We are looking for veterans who would like to talk to us about their personal experiences in these battles. We will be coming over to the US in the first week of August. However we need to touch base with you before we come out. So if you are at all able to help us out then please send me a brief paragraph or better still a video, introducing yourself and giving a brief overview of how you were involved the Battle of Hue. If possible I would like to speak to as many people as possible via phone, if people were willing to chat to me then I would be very grateful if they could give me their number and a time that would be convenient for me to call them.

Please let me know if you need any further information and please feel free to pass my email with all my details on to anyone you think may be interested.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Ali May

>
Ali May
Arrow Media - Researcher
D +44 20 3427 6035 M +447762521730 http://www.arrowmedia.com
Gilmoora House 57-61 Mortimer Street London W1W 8HS
Boardman 8)
"See You On The Other Side"
http://www.2ndbn5thmarines.com

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”