2014 Vietnam Era Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman

2/5 Vietnam Members, Family and Friends this is your area!
jayapeterson
Private First Class
2-5 Connection: No

2014 Vietnam Era Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman

#1 Postby jayapeterson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm

To All Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman:

This year's reunion is going to be held in San Diego. The dates are Wednesday, August 6th through Sunday, August 10th.

Details to follow shortly.

Mark these dates on your calendar and standby.

Semper Fi.

jayapeterson
Private First Class

Re: 2014 Vietnam Era Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman

#2 Postby jayapeterson » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:45 pm

If you would like to be placed on the email list for further notices concerning the Hotel Company Reunion contact me at:

jayapeterson@hotmail.com

jayapeterson
Private First Class

Re: 2014 Vietnam Era Hotel Company Marines and Corpsman

#3 Postby jayapeterson » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 am

Hotel Company Reunion San Diego August 6-10, 2014

To All Vietnam Era Hotel Company Marines and Corpsmen:

This year's reunion will be held in San Diego.

Arrival on Wednesday, August 6th with a Meet n Greet in the afternoon and evening at the hotel.  Thursday, August 7th will be a tour of Camp Pendleton.  Friday, August 8th is the graduation ceremony and tour of MCRD San Diego.  Saturday, August 9th is a tour of the carrier USS Midway and "Picnic at Sea".  Sunday, August 10th will be the departure day with the usual morning departure good byes. 

This year's reunion should be the very best reunion yet.  I can say that not just because I am in the position to assume all of the blame should things end up in the toilet, but because we have been getting better each year and this will be no exception.  Of course the small print disclaimer says that all of this is subject to change at any time without prior notice.  However, it is looking very good at this time.

In addition to our reunion, we will be celebrating the 100th year anniversary of the 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment.  The 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines was formed on July 1, 1914 and immediately sailed to the Caribbean to "quell political turmoil" in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.  2/5 holds the distinction of being the most highly decorated battalion in the Marine Corps. As you all know, that honor comes at a high price. Even though Hotel Company does not exist on the present chain of command, we are a proud part of 2nd Battalion's history.

With the invitation to enter Camp Pendleton and MCRD comes the requirement that we meet certain deadlines.  These deadlines are carved in stone.  There will be no exceptions.  The drop dead date is July 7th.  That means by July 7th I need your name and your guest's name.  You need to get it to me before that date so that I can turn the names in.  You can't wait until July 7th to send it in.  If I don't have the name before that date so that I can turn the name in to the appropriate authority, you will not be allowed to participate.  It can't be "in the mail".  I have to have it in my hand by the morning of Monday, July 7th.

If you are planning to attend this year start making your plans now.  Updates and notices as information becomes available.  The specific cost associated with the reunion will be forth coming as we finalize hotel and transportation costs.  

As usual we will have a reunion shirt.  I will be presenting Company Coins for first time attendees and we should have plenty of Jar Head Red and a bottle of tequila for toasting.

Start making plans, clear your calendars and spread the word.

Semper Fi.
Jay A. Peterson
jayapeterson@hotmail.com

Return to “2/5 Vietnam”